What is JAVA…
Well this is another java….
As u all know it is a programming language…
JAVA is a programming language designed by James Gosling from Sun Microsystems (now subsidiary of Oracle Corp.)
It was born in 1991, released in 1995
Its first name was OAK from the oak tree, then change to Green, at last JAVA from random pick of alphabet (author die bukan org jawa kok, bisa diatur seh)
Its tagline was Write Once Read Everywhere (WORA) (^^,)
It is a high level programming language as it is OOP (object-oriented programming) and also open source software (OSS) (being the successor to C++)
All of the tools you need to start programming in Java are widely available on the Web for free. There is also a huge amount of educational material for Java available on the Web, so once you finish this article you can easily go learn more to know more about JAVA.
For this language, it has its own principles
- It should be "simple, object-oriented and familiar".( this is WORA)
- It should be "robust and secure".
(Java objects can contain no references to data external to themselves or other known objects. This ensures that an instruction can to not contain the address of data storage in another application or in the operating system itself, either of which would cause the program and perhaps the operating system itself to terminate or "crash.")
- It should be "architecture neutral and portable". (Well it is an open source,of course it is free)
- It should execute with "high performance".
- It should be "interpreted, threaded, and dynamic".(anytime, anywhere)
Java has been tested, refined, extended, and proven by a dedicated community. And numbering more than 6.5 million developers, it's the largest and most active on the planet. With its versatility, efficiency, and portability, Java has become invaluable to developers by enabling them to:
- Write software on one platform and run it on virtually any other platform
- Create programs to run within a Web browser and Web services
- Develop server-side applications for online forums, stores, polls, HTML forms processing, and more
- Combine applications or services using the Java language to create highly customized applications or services
- Write powerful and efficient applications for mobile phones, remote processors, low-cost consumer products, and practically any other device with a digital heartbeat
Some Facts About JAVA
JAVA technology's versatility, efficiency, platform portability, and security make it the ideal technology for network computing. From laptops to datacenters, game consoles to scientific supercomputers, cell phones to the Internet, JAVA is everywhere!
- 1.1 billion desktops run JAVA
- 930 million JAVA Runtime Environment downloads each year
- 3 billion mobile phones run JAVA
- 31 times more Java phones ship every year than Apple and Android combined
- 100% of all Blu-ray players run JAVA
- 1.4 billion JAVA Cards are manufactured each year
- JAVA powers set-top boxes, printers, Web cams, games, car navigation systems, lottery terminals, medical devices, parking payment stations, and more.
So, now we know that this language is quite a powerful language and we will learn it in the next semester, so an early introduction might help u guys